Funiculitis

Can I continue Banocide for a swelling on the testicle?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I suddenly noticed a grape size swelling on the top of my right testicle. It is not attached to the testis, but above it towards the top of the scrotal sack. I went to a urologist and he asked me to do an USG. The USG showed a thickened right spermatic cord with cystic ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have sent, I believe that you had an attack of epididymitis and funiculitis (spermatic cord inflammation), which is usually due to filarial infection. The treating doctor has correctly prescribed Banocide (Diethyl carbamazine), which you should contin...  Read Full »

How is enlarged spermatic cord treated?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 42 year old male. In my right testicle, I think spermatic cord is enlarged. I do not have any pain. The right testicle feels firm and spermatic cord feels hard.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have developed funiculitis which is inflammation of the spermatic cord. You will need a course of antibiotics. Please revert back with more details for further guidance.  Read Full »

Why is the tip of my penis burning?

Query: Dear doctor,I am 29 years old and since two months, I am suffering from lower abdominal pain and burning of penis tip. The case is as follows: At first when I got this, I was having severe penis burning and a swollen meatus with abdominal pain. So, my GP gave me medicine for UTI and also gave few te...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. I have read everything and also seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Funiculitis is basically inflammation/infection of spermatic cord which lies above the testis. So, you have inflammation of spermatic cord. It ...  Read Full »

After exposure, I had burning sensation and pain in scrotum. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I had sex with my girl two months back. She had two sex partners before me who were both HIV negative including her. After exposure, I had a burning sensation during urinating and pain in the scrotum. I got a urine culture test the next day result (no pathogens present) but doctor presc...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. Your 4th generation HIV screening test is conclusive at 50 days. Therefore it rules out HIV. Perhaps you had urethritis which ascended to complicate as funiculitis. I would suggest empirical treatment for most common sexually transmitted c...  Read Full »

How to identify if there is any tumor or inflammation in the spermatic cord?

Query: Hi doctor, I have funiculitis. I have a typical swelling in the spermatic cord, and the pain comes and goes. I am suffering from this issue for the past five years. How to know if there is any tumor or inflammation or injury? Which test should I get? Initially, I had Ofloxacin course with marginal h...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think ultrasound of scrotum is greatly helpful. It may turn out to be completely normal also. Do you have a fever or any urinary symptoms?   Read Full »