Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Sonography suggested funiculitis and minimal hydrocele on both sides. Can this cause ED?

Answered by
Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 14, 2020

Hi doctor,

For the last few months, I have been experiencing sensitive pain and tickling in my right testis. Initially, I ignored the pain considering that it will disappear with time. However, the pain continued to remain. I consulted a urologist yesterday, and he suggested me to get the scrotum sonography done. I got the sonography done, and the report says mild thickening of the right spermatic cord - funiculitis, minimal hydrocele on both sides.

I showed the report to the urologist, and he did not even bother to read the report just had a glimpse and gave Augmentin 625, Evion 600, Pan 40, and Cataspa.

I want to know whether this medicine will cure my pain and problem as this pain is disturbing me mentally and physically. Also, I wanted to know can this problem cause erectile dysfunction and lowering the testosterone count. Please help and prescribe the correct medicine.



Welcome to

The ultrasound report says that you do not have inflammation of epididymis or testis there is no twist of cord there is no mention of varicocele. There is minimal hydrocele on both sides, which is normal. That is why the doctor gave you simple pain medication and antibiotics. This problem cannot reduce the erections and cannot affect testosterone levels. Go ahead with the medicines.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

With regards to erectile dysfunction, the most common cause at this age would be psychogenic ... I feel a strong sexual urge but then there is that Read full

Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Population

It has a large psychological component in a huge number of patients - depression, a common psychiatric condition, is much more commonly seen in diabetic men ... This causes a rise in the pressure within the urethra of th...   Read full

I have a recurring swelling near my testicle. Can it be a hydrocele?

.. through your query. If it was just a hydrocele as reported on your USG, then you need not worry. However, I would suggest you repeat the USG scrotum to confirm because these were done two years ago and it is good to monitor it since it has recurre...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Related Questions & Answers

After exposure, I had burning sensation and pain in scrotum. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I had sex with my girl two months back. She had two sex partners before me who were both HIV negative including her. After exposure, I had a burning sensation during urinating and pain in the scrotum. I got a urine culture test the next day result (no pathogens present) but doctor presc...  Read Full »

Ultrasound shows a thickened spermatic code on both sides with trace hydrocele. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old man. As per an ultrasound report, some problems are traced. A thickened spermatic code on both sides. Trace hydrocele on both sides. Early varicocele on both sides.  Read Full »

Why is the tip of my penis burning?

Query: Dear doctor,I am 29 years old and since two months, I am suffering from lower abdominal pain and burning of penis tip. The case is as follows: At first when I got this, I was having severe penis burning and a swollen meatus with abdominal pain. So, my GP gave me medicine for UTI and also gave few te...  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.