Q. Sonography suggested funiculitis and minimal hydrocele on both sides. Can this cause ED?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

For the last few months, I have been experiencing sensitive pain and tickling in my right testis. Initially, I ignored the pain considering that it will disappear with time. However, the pain continued to remain. I consulted a urologist yesterday, and he suggested me to get the scrotum sonography done. I got the sonography done, and the report says mild thickening of the right spermatic cord - funiculitis, minimal hydrocele on both sides.

I showed the report to the urologist, and he did not even bother to read the report just had a glimpse and gave Augmentin 625, Evion 600, Pan 40, and Cataspa.

I want to know whether this medicine will cure my pain and problem as this pain is disturbing me mentally and physically. Also, I wanted to know can this problem cause erectile dysfunction and lowering the testosterone count. Please help and prescribe the correct medicine.

#

The ultrasound report says that you do not have inflammation of epididymis or testis there is no twist of cord there is no mention of varicocele. There is minimal hydrocele on both sides, which is normal. That is why the doctor gave you simple pain medication and antibiotics. This problem cannot reduce the erections and cannot affect testosterone levels. Go ahead with the medicines.

|