Q. Why do pus-filled lumps in underarm get bigger on eating red grams?

I am suffering from Hidradenitis supperativa (skin disease) for many years and taking antibiotics and Isotretinoin, but the issue is it is keeping on returning. Off lately, I discovered that the lump in my underarms gets exaggerated when I eat dal especially split red gram. I got my blood test for complete profile, but no issues were found. Since I am a vegetarian and have reduced protein intake, I have started feeling very low and tired. Probably this has decreased my strength and vitality also. I am stuck as if I take protein it affects my underarm pus-filled lumps and if I do not take it, it decreases the energy and strength of my body. Please suggest medicine or diet to overcome this.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

You are suffering from furunculosis that means the infection of hair follicles. I hope your CBC (complete blood count) and blood sugar are normal. I would suggest take tablet Linezolid 600 mg morning and evening for five days and let me know after five days.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

My major concern is an increase in abscess after eating protein, especially split red gram. I have reduced it so probably started feeling very tired and have lots of upper back pain and frozen upper back during sleep of early morning hour, i.e., around 4 to 5 AM in the morning. I have started feeling tired all day long and low on libido also. Keeping this in mind please suggest what can be the issue and remedy or alternate for the same.

#

Abcess by definition means a collection of pus and is due to infection. It has medically no relationship with consumption of grams. So, it is just in your mind. You take routine diet and do not deprive yourself of proteins.

| 

The antibiotic given by you is finished, but still, there is 20 % lump remaining on both sides underarms. Though you said that grams should not be a concern in pus forming, I am having issues again and again. Please suggest what to do next.

#

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your Vitamin D and B12 are low. You need to get them replaced. Do some exercise so that your cholesterol stabilizes. The rest of investigations are normal. The medicines you need are capsule Lumia 60K (Cholecalciferol) weekly for six weeks and tablet GB (Ginkgo Biloba) 12 for three weeks.

| 

You also wrote Fusidic acid ointment and one more tablet which I cannot see in history now. Do I have to take them also? If yes, then in what dose, and how many days? Also please clarify dose of Lumia and GB 12 as I am slightly confused.

#

Capsule Lumia 60K (Vitamin D 60000) and GB 12 is Vitamin B12 (50 mg and 500 mcg). These are deficient in your body, so you need a replacement for them. I have written tablet Aldactone 25 (Spironolactone) which has been shown to decrease the recurrence of Hidradenitis supparativa. It is not an antibiotic but a type of diuretic.

|