Q. Can I take Practin and Decdan to gain weight?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

I am a 23 year old female. My height is 5 feet 3 inches and I weigh 41 kg. I need to put on weight. I have fast metabolism. Can I take Practin and Decdan tablets? It is suggested by one of my friend. Thank you.

#

The tablets Practin (Cyproheptadine hydrochloride) and Decdan (Dexamethasone) would just add water retention in the body and not increase the muscle mass. So once you leave it, your body shall return back to low weight itsel So, Practin and Decdan are not recommended for instant weight gain Gradual weight gain is always advisable. An increase in 500 kilocalories per day can result in increasing the body weight by 0.5 kg per week

Eat plenty of healthy fats. Have egg yolks, meat with animal fat, coconut oil, and other healthy fats. Increase calorie intake of healthy foods that include bananas. Chew the food properly to improve digestion Keep a track of your weight gain as this is essential. It is healthy to increase approximately 5 to 6 kg per month. The right combination of healthy food, exercise, correct breathing, rest and sleep go a long way in healthy and happy life. For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|