Renal Function Test

Vegetarian diet plan for a type 2 diabetic patient.

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know vegetarian diet plan for a type 2 diabetes patient. She is a 58 year old female and her blood sugar level is 150. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start by following some basic rules of eating healthy. Include raw foods like vegetable salads in the diet. Fruits can be taken in moderation once a day. Avoid fruits with a high glycemic index like grapes, mango and jackfruit. Eat three different typ...  Read Full »

Is my ankle swelling a sign of heart failure?

Query: Hello doctor, Since yesterday, I have been so tired, and I have a swelling in my ankles. It looks like a mild swelling, but I am scared. I have attached pictures of the swelling. Is this starting edema because of heart failure? I had some cardiac enlargement on MRI, but I had normal ejection fract...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen and reviewed the images which you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like you have mild edema around your ankle. In the absence of any respiratory symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, or other cardiac symptoms su...  Read Full »

What is microscopic hematuria?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a software professional. I work in shifts from 2 PM to 11:30 PM. Recently, I got a complete health check-up done and found to have microscopic hematuria. Before this health check-up, I used to take medicines for headaches (Saridon and Headset tablets). I used to drink alcohol thr...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and except for the microscopic hematuria, all your reports are fine and there is nothing to worry about. Regarding the microscopic hematuria, it could be due to subclinical UTI (U...  Read Full »

What is hypertensive urgency?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old male. I am diabetic for the past 15 years and I also have high BP. Before 20 to 25 days, while walking I felt like dizziness and I could not climb the staircase. Before my BP was 240/140 mmHg, but now it is 160/100 mmHg. Later on the creatinine and blood urea was also ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have accelerated hypertension (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Blood pressure (BP) shoots around 250/140 mmHg, this we called as hypertensive urgency. It could lead to hemorrhagic stroke which could be fatal. Anyway, you are lucky. You...  Read Full »

After 7 years of knock knee surgery, I am getting pain again. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Before seven years, I got surgery for knock knees. Now, for the past one year, I have been suffering from knee pain. Also, I have pain in the foot, ankle, chest and back. I am not on any regular medication. I am only doing some exercise to get relieved from the pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Knock knees (genu valgum) can recur again after surgery, or it can just be undercorrected due to improper operation. What you need to do is blood tests as follows. CBC (complete blood count). ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). RFT (renal function test). LFT (liver func...  Read Full »

I am having chest pain with low BP. Do I need any heart checkup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 70 years old. I have intermittent chest pain. For the past three months, I could not walk fast and climb stairs. But, I was doing it before normally. I suffer from shortness of breath with palpation and when the chest pain persist the breathing problem is severe. I underwent ECG and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted all your details. Your symptoms can be most likely because of congestive cardiac failure. Cardiac failure is not an indicative of a defect in the heart, but it is a situation when the heart pumps weaker than what is deemed as natural. Therefore, the...  Read Full »

I have only one kidney by birth. Can I live a normal life?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I came to know that I got unilateral renal agenesis. My left kidney is absent. Basically, I am a physique model and use to do bodybuilding. I use to take lots of supplements. Also, I was on anabolic cycle for a few months as well. Being with unilateral kidney, will these supplem...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Congenital renal agenesis is not as such any disease. However, since you have a single functioning kidney, you should be cautious before taking high protein diet, medicines and painkillers. You should get a kidney function test and a urine for mic...  Read Full »

Why are my uric acid levels always high?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat, cold and mild fever. I am taking antibiotic Amoxycillin and Ibugesic plus. Can I get liver function test and kidney function test at this time or should I wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advisable to get the liver and kidney function tests done after a week, as these drugs alter the test results. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

Are my lymph nodes swollen due to an allergy to fried foods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had a fever of 37.8oC on the eighth of last month, which only lasted for a day. But the fever was followed by few symptoms. After the fever, my lymph nodes at the back of my ear were swollen. I also had a sore throat and mouth ulcers. My body felt itchy, and I ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you still having enlarged lymph nodes? Are those painful to touch? Is the size still the same as when you observed first? Is there any change? Do you have any throat pain now? Was any throat swab test done? Any blood test? Any difficulty or pain while swallowing or...  Read Full »

There is a drastic decrease in my platelet count in the last five months. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My hemoglobin level increased from 15 to 17, and platelet count decreased from 3.1 to 1.4 lakhs in the last five months. The only symptom I have is occasional skin itching.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your platelet count decreased over four months duration, chronic infection and drug history have to be ruled out first. If they are not causative then a detailed investigation plan should be decided according to the examinations as follows:  ESR (ery...  Read Full »