Q. I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst. Is it possible for me to get pregnant?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
Published on Jan 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

• I am a 23 year old female. I am not yet married.
  • In October 2013, I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst measuring 10cm.
  • The doctor suggested me tablet Ovral-L.
  • But, after that I had aneurysm and could not take those tablets.
  • Now, when I got scanning done 4 days ago, they found 2 chocolate cysts size 4cm and 3cm.
  • What should I do now?
  • Is it possible for me to get pregnant after marriage?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, there are chances for the recurrence of chocolate cyst.

Usually the cyst wall is removed while doing cystectomy (removal of the cyst) to decrease the chances of recurrence.

For this, you can consult your gynaecologist and take only progesterones or GnRH agonists (Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Agonists).

• It is not necessary that these cysts will certainly cause symptoms and moreover the size of the cysts are small yet.
  • But they can grow as well.
  • There are chances of pregnancy. So, do not get worried.
  • Pregnancy depends on so many factors.

You can get your ovulation study done to see the number and size of developing follicles and their rupture, which means ovulatory cycles.

If you are planning for a pregnancy then best will be to get a diagnostic laparoscopy done which will confirm the actual status of the cyst along with tubal patency, etc., and so many other things.

Revert back to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Does high CA-125 confirm that I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor detected at the age of 11 years, which was around 12 years back and had undergone an operation for the same. Currently, my CA-125 in serum is 125.37 U/ml. The ultrasound scan revealed large multiloculated well-defined bilateral adn...  Read Full »

Should I undergo a tubal laparoscopy or would a HSG suffice?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a one-day period during my last menstrual cycle. After 14 days, I had pink spotting for three days. Then it turned to a brown discharge and then a normal bleeding like my menstruation. All this went on for 10 days. Today, the bleeding is very light. I am trying to conceive. My gyn...  Read Full »

Should I worry about my brother's urine culture report?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother had pain in the right side under the rib and feeling stomach fullness. We took him to the hospital and an ECG and a few blood tests were taken. Both are normal and he was discharged with some painkillers. Next day morning, the same issue repeated. When we took him to the docto...  Read Full »