Q. Ultrasound shows flushed out kidney stones. Why is burning still there?

Dr. Aida Quka
Published on Nov 29, -0001 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2019

I had UTI and kidney stones earlier. My ultrasound states that my pancreas are normal in size and echotexture and the kidney stones have been flushed out, but there is infrequent burning. Can you shed more light on the latter part (echotexture)? Currently, I am on ayurvedic medicines and earlier had Hinduja allopathic medicine.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

This ultrasound is normal (pancreatitis, spleen and kidneys) (attachment removed to protect patient identity) besides, there are the following findings:

1. Fat accumulated in the liver, which means that the patient should avoid alcohol and lose some pounds.
  2. Some polyps in the gallbladder, which could be related to chronic inflammation. If you have pain in this region, then you should discuss with a surgeon.
  3. The urinary bladder may not evacuate completely, but the patient has a normal prostate volume. This may be a normal finding.

For more information consult an internal medicine online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Why am I getting recurrent kidney stones with stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many health problems. My gallbladder was removed two years back and now I feel pain in the left as well as right side of the stomach below ribs. I am also suffering from repeated kidney stones at the left side and also in my both arms, I feel some bulges sort of thing. Please s...  Read Full >>

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from vitamin D deficiency which may cause hypocalcemia and bone pain. Also, mainly present like ribs pain and back pain, spontaneous rib fractures. Other possibilities are like postcholecystectomy syndrome. Use tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for...  Read Full

How to clear kidney stones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment. So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease. Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://...  Read Full

Pain due to pancreatitis is unbearable. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My sister has been diagnosed with pancreatitis, portal vein thrombosis, and a blood clot in small intestines. Doctors cannot seem to pinpoint what is going on in her intestines/ abdomen. They have her on blood thinners. However, no clot will cause this much pain. Her pain is literally u...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She needs a CT scan along with a colonoscopy and upper GIT (gastrointestinal tract) endoscopy to detect the cause of her symptoms. For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician  Read Full