iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologyendometriosisAfter getting periods, I have terrible pain in my right side of the ovary. Why?

Could you help with my terrible periods pain?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 8, 2017
Reviewed AtJuly 6, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 18 years old. I usually have quite regular periods, but every month I get absolutely terrible pains to the point I am sick and shaking. I have tried taking the contraceptive pill to help my periods, but it made them worse. So, I stopped. It is not just a cramp. A really bad sickness on the first day and it is for all of the days that I am on. I take up to three painkillers to help the pain and they do not work. It is usually on the right side of my ovary that hurt to the most and sometimes, on the left side. Could you help?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

There is all likelihood that you may have endometriosis and possible endometriosis cysts as well, which causes pain during menses alone. You should get an ultrasound pelvis done to diagnose it first and then should opt for laparoscopic cyst removal and fulguration of endometriosis patches. Also, I suggest you to be on progesterone only pills or GnRH analogues (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) to control endometriosis. Please meet your gynecologist soon.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sameer Kumar
Dr. Sameer Kumar

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy