Q. Could you help with my terrible periods pain?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 08, 2021

I am 18 years old. I usually have quite regular periods, but every month I get absolutely terrible pains to the point I am sick and shaking. I have tried taking the contraceptive pill to help my periods, but it made them worse. So, I stopped. It is not just a cramp. A really bad sickness on the first day and it is for all of the days that I am on. I take up to three painkillers to help the pain and they do not work. It is usually on the right side of my ovary that hurt to the most and sometimes, on the left side. Could you help?

#

• There is all likelihood that you may have endometriosis and possible endometriosis cysts as well, which causes pain during menses alone.
  • You should get an ultrasound pelvis done to diagnose it first and then should opt for laparoscopic cyst removal and fulguration of endometriosis patches.
  • Also, I suggest you to be on progesterone only pills or GnRH analogues (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) to control endometriosis. Please meet your gynecologist soon.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|