Q. Could you help with my terrible periods pain?

Published on Jan 07, 2017

I am 18 years old. I usually have quite regular periods, but every month I get absolutely terrible pains to the point I am sick and shaking. I have tried taking the contraceptive pill to help my periods, but it made them worse. So, I stopped. It is not just a cramp. A really bad sickness on the first day and it is for all of the days that I am on. I take up to three painkillers to help the pain and they do not work. It is usually on the right side of my ovary that hurt to the most and sometimes, on the left side. Could you help?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• There is all likelihood that you may have endometriosis and possible endometriosis cysts as well, which causes pain during menses alone.
  • You should get an ultrasound pelvis done to diagnose it first and then should opt for laparoscopic cyst removal and fulguration of endometriosis patches.
  • Also, I suggest you to be on progesterone only pills or GnRH analogues (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) to control endometriosis. Please meet your gynecologist soon.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Does my hCG level indicate failing intrauterine or ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant about five weeks. However, my Hb is 13.2 but beta hCG is 106.2 and after 48 hours it was 108.4. Is it failing intrauterine or ectopic? Or what should I do now? Currently, I am not taking any medicine.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should get a serial beta hCG levels done after 48 hours each again and also an ultrasound pelvis to check if fetal pole has arrived. The rise in beta hCG levels is less than 63 % of course and indicates a possible chemical pregnancy. Do not be in a hurry to abort...  Read Full

Tackling the Time Of Menstrual Cycle Every Month

Article Overview: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting women.Adhering to a healthy lifestyle i.e balanced diet, physical activity,mental relaxation etc improves the ability to cope with pain.Pain killers can be taken as advised by your gynaecologist. Read Article

Dr. Gowrimeena

Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting 40-70% of women in the reproductive age group. In medical terms we call this as dysmenorrhoea. This is associated with significant psychological, physical, behavioral and social distress. Usually it starts at the onset...  Read Article