Q. Could you help with my terrible periods pain?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Endometriosis or Abdominal Pain During Periods? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 18 years old. I usually have quite regular periods, but every month I get absolutely terrible pains to the point I am sick and shaking. I have tried taking the contraceptive pill to help my periods, but it made them worse. So, I stopped. It is not just a cramp. A really bad sickness on the first day and it is for all of the days that I am on. I take up to three painkillers to help the pain and they do not work. It is usually on the right side of my ovary that hurt to the most and sometimes, on the left side. Could you help?