Laparoscopic Removal Of Cyst

Will they remove the entire ovary in the case of ovarian cyst?

Query: Hi doctor,A few months ago, I had an ultrasound for some cyst pain. A small growth was discovered on my ovary along with a large cyst as you can see from the documentation attached to this question. I am trying to do everything I can to avoid losing this ovary. My question is, after reviewing the a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, It looks like the right ovary is having a complex ovarian cyst. It could be malignant also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get alpha-fetoprotein AFP, HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and CEA carcinoembryonic antigen. Depending upon the diagnosis you shoul...  Read Full »

When can I try to conceive after laparotomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a laparotomy due to an endometrial cyst on each of my ovaries. On my right ovary, the cyst measured at 18 cm and on my left the cyst measured at 13 cm. The surgeon was able to save my ovaries with no problem. My ovaries just needed to be stitched up after having the cyst r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Great to know that the surgeon could save your ovaries, though the cysts were really so large. During surgery surgeon would have removed all the visible, I mean all macroscopic endometrial deposits. But there will be microscopic deposits, not visibl...  Read Full »

I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst.Is it possible for me to get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I am not yet married. In October 2013, I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst measuring 10cm. The doctor suggested me tablet Ovral-L. But, after that I had aneurysm and could not take those tablets. Now, when I got scanning done 4 days ago, they fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are chances for the recurrence of chocolate cyst. Usually the cyst wall is removed while doing cystectomy (removal of the cyst) to decrease the chances of recurrence. For this, you can consult your gynaecologist and take only progesterones or GnRH agoni...  Read Full »

Are there any medicines available to cure multiple cysts in ovary?

Query: Hi doctor, My niece aged 14 years weighs 60 kg. Recently her monthly cycles are not proper and she is having heavy pain at times in a day in her lower area. Recently we consulted a gynecologist and recommended to go for ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. In the scan report under ovaries section it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am really sorry to know your niece is suffering from stomach and irregular cycles. I understand it can be a very annoying problem. By the ultrasound report that you have given here, it seems your niece has PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I...  Read Full »

What shall I do for heavy periods and anemia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have had irregular and painful periods since I started my first periods in 13. I have a kid, who is 3 now. It was a normal vaginal delivery and I did have a fibroid that came out later that day. But as of lately, I have been having a very pink tinted discharge with...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are feeling better now. Have you been started on Iron tablets? I would suggest tablet Livogen XT (combination of Iron, Folic acid and Zinc sulfate) once at night with a glass of lime juice for better absorption. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss...  Read Full »

How can we treat cyst in the ovary?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years female. I have a cyst with echoes in the right ovary measuring 53 x 52 mm found during ultrasound. What to do? I am taking tablet Thyronorm 150 mg.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cyst in the right ovary is found with thick walls and shows internal echoes, with size more than 4 mm. Ideally, the differentiation is needed to be done to know whether it is endom...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for gallbladder polyp?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been diagnosed with gallbladder polyp. There are multiple polyps of size 8.7 mm. Please suggest the treatment for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get your gallbladder removed. Plan to consult a GI (gastrointestinal) surgeon for laparoscopic cholecystectomy. For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist  Read Full »

Could you help with my terrible periods pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I usually have quite regular periods, but every month I get absolutely terrible pains to the point I am sick and shaking. I have tried taking the contraceptive pill to help my periods, but it made them worse. So, I stopped. It is not just a cramp. A really bad sickness ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is all likelihood that you may have endometriosis and possible endometriosis cysts as well, which causes pain during menses alone. You should get an ultrasound pelvis done to diagnose it first and then should opt for laparoscopic cyst removal and fulgura...  Read Full »