Q. Can any test determine if a person will have abnormal kids?

Published on Jun 05, 2016

Can normal tests tell that a person will have abnormal kids or no kids at all? Please explain.

#

• I am sorry that I am not sure which test are you referring to?
  • If you are referring to semen analysis, then unless the tests remain normal the likelihood of having kids is high. But, this test would not tell about the abnormality of kids.
  • If you are referring to genetic analysis, then yes, some genetic testing can tell if the child is abnormal. These tests are usually done after a female becomes pregnant on the fluid around the baby or mother's blood work.
  • Some genetic testing can be done on the father, but you would need to know what exactly you are looking for. For example, if you are looking for abnormal blood disorder, then it has a different genetic testing than a muscle disorder.

Revert back with clear details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach...  Read Full »

How did I get positive Jkb antibodies?

Query: Hi doctor,I received a notice after my child's birth as I am positive for Jkb antibodies. Is there a treatment for this? What can a doctor do for this? Does this affect future pregnancy? Where does this come from? How did I get it? I have always been anemic and had Iron supplement. I am not sure whe...  Read Full »

Why are my hematocrit, RBC, Hb, and mean cell volume elevated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been feeling unwell for a long time. These are my recent blood results. My doctor says that my hematocrit, RBC count, hemoglobin and mean cell volume have been out of the normal range for at least 10 years as that is how far back he can see. I think it should be investigated. W...  Read Full »