Q. Can any test determine if a person will have abnormal kids?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 06, 2020

Can normal tests tell that a person will have abnormal kids or no kids at all? Please explain.

#

• I am sorry that I am not sure which test are you referring to?
  • If you are referring to semen analysis, then unless the tests remain normal the likelihood of having kids is high. But, this test would not tell about the abnormality of kids.
  • If you are referring to genetic analysis, then yes, some genetic testing can tell if the child is abnormal. These tests are usually done after a female becomes pregnant on the fluid around the baby or mother's blood work.
  • Some genetic testing can be done on the father, but you would need to know what exactly you are looking for. For example, if you are looking for abnormal blood disorder, then it has a different genetic testing than a muscle disorder.

Revert back with clear details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|