Q. After sex, had yellow clustered blisters on vagina. What could it be?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

My sister is 23 years old. She had unhygienic sex a couple of weeks ago. She started feeling itchy on her vagina. I am worried it might be herpes but I need confirmation from a specialist before we visit the doctor. It looks clustered and yellow. No hard lump under and it just looks inflamed. She does not complain of pain anywhere else. There is no pain inside the urethra, no burning sensation while urinating and the discharge is whitish-yellowish and watery. She does not have any sign of fever. She bought labia herpes cream yesterday. After application it changed the color today to darker yellow and some of it fell off. What could this be?

Do you have a question on Genital Herpes or Herpes 1?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

MD DERMATOLOGY., MBBS
Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology

I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The closely grouped fluid filled blisters and yellow crusted lesions seem to be most likely herpes infection. You do not have to apply Acyclovir cream as it will not be much effective in genital herpes.

You should start with oral antiviral like tablet Acyclovir 400 mg thrice daily for a week and apply topical antibiotic like Mupirocin cream on the lesions twice daily. Do not use soap over the affected areas and wash only with plain water.

Caused by herpes virus; either HSV1 or HSV2 (herpes simplex virus 1 or 2).

Herpes genitalis.

Avoid intercourse till the healing of lesions.

Kindly interpret test results taken after erotic massage.
Query: Hello doctor, Can you please interpret my test lab results? I only had an erotic massage a few weeks ago. I did these tests on my own just because of curiosity. The erotic massage was safe. No sex was involved. Just body to body touch. However, I am not sure what they mean.  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Herpes 1 IgG positive indicates a history of herpes virus type 1 infection which is usually spread by oral contact and causes lesions in the facial region. Active l...  Read Full »

Will my partner get HSV if we have unprotected sex during non-outbreak?
Query: Hello doctor, I have herpes 2 and have taken Valtrex for three years faithfully and last outbreak was two years ago. My labs show that my numbers were very low. Trying to explain to a new partner: Never have sex if I have an outbreak. Condoms are recommended by doctors for all sex because there...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your first question, it is better to avoid sex during an outbreak because there is a high risk of transmission during this period. Also, it would be painful to have sex if lesion involving near the vagina. Next thing, it is possible to acquire an infectio...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now