Q. How to keep my penis clean?

Dr. Parth Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 24, 2021

My penis foreskin remains red with swelling. Sometimes, I get a cut after masturbation. What to do? I have some small dots inside my penis head and sometimes I get some white smelling discharge from it. So I clean my foreskin using warm water. Kindly suggest.

#

Genital hygiene is the key to protect from all venereal diseases. Cleaning the head of the penis daily after exposing it completely by retracting the foreskin is necessary. Whitish bad-smelling discharge occurs due to a collection of bacteria and dead cells. It has to be cleaned up daily. If your foreskin gets injured often, then it is good to remove it surgically. It can be excised partially or completely depending upon your expectation.

|