Genital Hygiene

Why is my penis head white?

Query: Hello doctor, The skin at the tip of my penis is becoming white from the past three months. There is no pain or any other problem due to that. I feel pressure to urinate, but while urinating the flow is slow. I do not know why my penis has become white. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me an image. It might be vitiligo or balanitis xerotica obliterans. Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist  Read Full »

I always have an urge to pee after mastubration. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Sometimes, after masturbation I feel urge to urinate regularly after every minute even though there is very less urine. Also I feel pain, some pricking and irritation feel while urinating. Sometimes, even without masturbation same problem occurs. Please advise me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite normal to feel an urge to micturate after having coitus or masturbation. However, having pain and prickling sensation while urination is not normal. It suggests that you might have an underlying urinary tract infection. Most common mode of contracting UTI is h...  Read Full »

I have itching and burning sensation on penis after sex. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor,Twelve days ago I had protected sex with a girl I did not know after a night out. I showered that night maybe an hour afterward and used a perfume smelling body wash or shampoo. Whether it was in my head or actual, the next day I noticed an itchiness or rather a need to readjust my penis w...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case in detail. Well, you need not worry about any STD or fungal infection or jock itch or even about herpes as your lesions are not active right now. There is only mild redness which could be remnant of balanitis or friction. At the moment no sig...  Read Full »

How is penile yeast infection treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a yeast infection in my penis for the last two years. I have tried all natural medicines like coconut oil, yogurt, etc. Also, if apply Panderm plus or FourDerm or Candid cream daily, then I feel normal. Otherwise, I am getting inflammation and swelling of the penis. Kindly suggest...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreejith Mg

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Always evaluate the cause of recurrent yeast infection. It can be any of the following reasons. Maintain good genital hygiene. Daily wash the genital area with soap and water and keep it dry. If you are uncircumcised, then clean under the foreskin. Unprotected sexu...  Read Full »

How can scrotal eczema be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I found a red dry skin on my scrotum today. What is is? Is it dangerous? How can I treat it? I am still a virgin. I have attached the pictures of the dry skin.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like scrotal dermatitis. Try doing the following. If it is itching, I suggest you take tablet Teczine (Levocetirizine hydrochloride) 10 mg, once in the night for a month. Also, mix equa...  Read Full »

I have itching in the penis area. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have itching in the penis area. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please wash the area with lukewarm water regularly. Use a mild soap. Do not use the same towel in pubic area that which you use elsewhere on the body. Observe clearly if there is any change in color, foul smell, lesions over the penis. Maintain good hygiene down the...  Read Full »

I have been on my period for 15 days and when I pee it stings. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been on my period for 15 days so far, and I just noticed today when I pee it stings first and then goes away. I am a virgin. I also missed my period for a month or two before this occurred due to stress with classes.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to get stressed. You might be having urinary tract infection, which is very common in girls. You take care of your hygiene, especially during periods and frequent change sanitary towels and wash the area with plain water as many times as possible. Se...  Read Full »

I have swelling in perianal area due to G-string. Is it herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, A week back, I wore a G-string that was a little snug and I accidentally fell asleep in it. The next day, I noticed that my perineum and anal area were sore so that night I got a mirror and looked and noticed that there was a straight swollen line from my anus to my vagina opening rig...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like perianal area is swollen secondary to explained injury. It will take a little time to heal completely. Kindly follow the following instructions: 1. Lignocaine gel for local application...  Read Full »

How to resolve anal itching?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 3 years old. He eats too much chocolates and sweets. His health is down and having anus itching. He has worms. What to do? I am very sad and upset about his health.  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Rekapalli

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to worry much, as the perianal itch is due to pinworm most of the times. It can easily be treated with antihelmintics combined with hand and other hygiene. Kindly meet your doctor for dose of the drug and proper prescription. Eating lots of sweets ha...  Read Full »

Can taking multiple antibiotics cause redness and dryness of vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, Ever since being on multiple antibiotics for a persistent UTI a year ago, I have had vaginal problems. It was first a bout of yeast infections and then BV. I have tried many pills, external and internal creams, home remedies, and diet changes, but still, I have redness and dryness exte...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Sorry to hear what you have been through. I feel you are having an imbalance in the normal and abnormal organism growth. For a normal vagina, you need both normal and abnormal organisms. When you take too many antibiotics one after other, it kills most...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.