Q. Why do I see patches on my scrotum?

Dr. Saadia

I have noticed that I have started getting these patches on my scrotum. I saw the patch a few months ago, but I did not think much about it. Now, it has started spreading. Recently they have been causing irritation, and it seems like it is dry around that specific area.

#

These look like psoriatic patches (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). However, fungal infection is a possibility. I would suggest seeing a dermatologist to get a thorough evaluation and an exact diagnosis. Meanwhile, start using 1 % Clotrimazole and 1 % Hydrocortisone twice a day for a week and see how it works. Both of these are available over-the-counter (OTC).

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

It is my pleasure to help you today.

Best wishes.

|