iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyjock itchCan Hydrozole be used for jock itch?

Can I use Hydrozole for jock itch?

Can I use Hydrozole for jock itch?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 31, 2018
Reviewed AtJune 26, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I had jock itch two months ago for the very first time. It is still there but fading. I started using Hydrozole cream two weeks ago, it seems to be working. How long it would take for a complete cure? After using this cream I fell some itch in legs. Now the groin skin appears red and very shiny but not normal skin tone. Today I also noticed small pimple like things growing on my hands filled with some transparent fluid. Is this all connected? Should I be worried?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Hydrozole (combination of Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole) cream contains steroidsand should not be used as a treatment for jock itch (fungal infection of the groin). You will experience temporary relief while using it but your condition will aggravate once you stop using it. The redness in the groin is also because of the cream. The rash you are experiencing on your hands is probably related to jock itch. In some individuals fungal infection leads to an allergic reaction on the hands. Once your fungal infection resolves this will also disappear. I recommend you to apply plain antifungal cream on the groins and also take oral antifungal tablet for earlier resolution.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy