Q. Can I use Hydrozole for jock itch?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 24, 2019

I had jock itch two months ago for the very first time. It is still there but fading. I started using Hydrozole cream two weeks ago, it seems to be working. How long it would take for a complete cure? After using this cream I fell some itch in legs. Now the groin skin appears red and very shiny but not normal skin tone. Today I also noticed small pimple like things growing on my hands filled with some transparent fluid. Is this all connected? Should I be worried?

#

• Hydrozole (combination of Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole) cream contains steroid and should not be used as a treatment for jock itch (fungal infection of the groin). You will experience temporary relief while using it but your condition will aggravate once you stop using it. The redness in the groin is also because of the cream.
  • The rash you are experiencing on your hands is probably related to jock itch. In some individuals fungal infection leads to an allergic reaction on the hands. Once your fungal infection resolves this will also disappear.
  • I recommend you to apply plain antifungal cream on the groins and also take oral antifungal tablet for earlier resolution.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|