Q. Is there any vaccination to prevent genital warts?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

It is an embarrassing days in my life. One of my friend crossed his limit on me. He removed my inners and rubbed his genitals on my genitals and thighs. I avoided it. He did many times and I seen some skin growth in his pubis.

I took HIV (human immuno-deficiency virus), HCV (hepatitis C virus), HsbAg, HSV (herpes simplex virus), and VDRL (veneral disease research laboratory) after five months. All came negative and non-reactive. My worry is that if he have genital warts will it be contracted? Many times he touched his genitals on my private parts and inner thighs. Will HPV passes through these sort of activities in a single session. We did not have any oral or penetrative sex. Kindly solve my query. I do not see any abnormalities in my genitals. It has been 6 months from that incident.

More details about the presenting complaint: Sometimes I feel my pubis area is itching. I got some abnormal skin growth on my finger and palm. I consulted a doctor and he said it is a common warts. I am advised to take Ascazin tablets for one month. Do these warts is also genital warts? I am worried about my marriage life. I am unmarried as of now. I like to get married in the future.

Is the vaccination will be effective? Up to what age the vaccination will be effective? What to do if the age of the women exceeds 26 years?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

I read your history thoroughly and it suggests yes you have warts over fingers. Yes, it is a possibility that you can contract genital warts from contact, as skin sometimes has microabrasions that are not visible to naked eyes.

You have to look whether if you have very tiny abnormal growths on the genital area also. Also, itching in genital area may occur due to candidiasis.

Now about treatment, yes, zinc is good for antiviral immunity, but since it will take a long time for warts resolution. You may have to apply some cream also but the treatment of warts mainly depends on how extensive i.e. number of warts and size of warts. Vaccination is not effective once you have contracted HPV (herpes simplex virus) infection and it is not very effective after age of 26 years.

|