Q. I got some extending scar on my tongue. What could it be?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

A small scar appeared on my tongue with no pain or burning sensation. I tried vitamin supplement, but that has no effect. Now, it has increased to a greater extent. Please help.

Do you have a question on Geographic Tongue or Saline Gargling?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

MBBS., DLO., DNB., FELLOWSHIP IN DIABETES
Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

• You seem to have a condition called geographic tongue, which is self-limiting. There is no exact cause of the disease, but stress can cause this.
  • I suggest you use Benzydamine mouthwash in concentrated form and continue multivitamin for months. Please let me know the multivitamin you are using as some of them are not sufficient enough.
  • Otherwise, this condition subsides on its own, that is self-limiting.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

The size has increased over the past 20 days. What are the precautions? What food and other medicine should I take? When will it subside?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

• You should do gargles and continue multivitamin and see if the size subsides.
  • Avoid spicy food, and that is enough. Do not take stress as stress causes a lot of acidities and oral cavity problem.

Is Augmentin 625 safe to take during the third week of pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am three weeks pregnant, and I am suffering from a chest infection. So an ENT specialist doctor prescribed Augmentin 625 tablet. I wanted to know if it is safe to use this antibiotic, as I am pregnant.  Read Full »
Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a category B drug, which otherwise means it is very safe in pregnancy. I suggest taking it along with Cetirizine 10 mg at night if you sneeze a lot. Also, do warm saline gargling if you have a sore throat. For further que...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take Ovares Plus to conceive?
Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ovares tablet is a multivitamin with few antioxidants. This is usually prescribed as an added adjuvant tablet along with other medication. Most of the infertility specialists will prescribe some or the other antioxidant and multivitamin tablets. These antioxidant...  Read Full »

Why is there a skin discoloration in my back?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with cervical dystonia, a chronic neck disorder for most of my adult life. It is extremely debilitating and treatment resistant. The onset was after car accidents, stress and substance abuse at age from 19 to 21. I am no longer smoke or drink and have stopped before ...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your treatment plan seems efficient, but still did not match up to your satisfaction. The remaining two treatment options that you have not tried are deep brain stimulation and sensory trick, which is a stimulation applied to the affected or nearby body part that...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now