Q. Why am I having ulcers that come and go in different sites inside mouth?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

I have something in my mouth on my tongue. Sometimes it is inside my cheeks as well. It comes and goes in different spots.

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Mostly these things are fungal ulcers. Repeated attacks means low immunity which appears after emotional and psychological stress. Are these ulcers painful or tender for foods and drinks? Do you have reflux? Do you have psychological stress? Anyway until answering my questions you can use Nystatin oral drops with oral antifungal gel.

| 

They do not hurt at all. I cannot even feel them. I looked at pictures of the geographical tongue and thought maybe that was what they are. They move and change in shape all the time. I was just scared it was cancer or something. I might have some reflux issues from time to time. I have a very dry mouth. I have always thought that was from medicines.

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Reflux is the main cause. You have to avoid spicy and fast foods. You can try anti-acid drugs as Omeprazole which is taken once daily before breakfast. As these things are not painful so these are not a fungal ulcer. Mostly, can be a geographical tongue. But these are not cancer at all. Malignant tongue ulcers have different character and shape. Malignant ulcers are fixed in its site and do not change the site at all. Do not panic. These are not carcinogenic at all.

|