Q. I have uneasiness below collarbone and feel spasm during breathing. Please help.

Dr. Nidhin Mohan
Published on May 07, 2018

I am a-32-year old female. Recently, I am feeling a sort of uneasiness below the collarbone and quite in the middle of the upper portion of the chest. Initially, I thought it was a spasm but I have it for more than two weeks and feels little heavy deep inside. Kindly let me know the problem. Sometimes I feel spasm during deep breathing or while sleeping in the side positions. Currently, I am taking prenatal tablet one per day.

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Internal Medicine
#

Most likely the cause of your symptoms is GERD that is gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. In simple terms, the acids from the stomach regurgitate to the esophagus. Before prescribing medicines I would like to know of any possible pregnancy and your last menstrual period date.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

My last period was a month back and actually was trying to conceive since last two months as we want to plan a baby. My first kid is 7 years old. For the past few weeks, my appetite is not so good too. I feel tired and weak.

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Internal Medicine
#

As there is a small chance of pregnancy, I will prescribe medications which are safe in pregnancy also. Please take tablet Ranitidine 150 mg half hour before food twice a day for five days. Also avoid spicy food, tea, and coffee and have food at the regular time.

Can you prescribe any medications for my weakness and tiredness and improve my appetite as well? I am not having good sleep and having hair fall and dark circles. Please help me in getting a remedy.

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Internal Medicine
#

Take syrup Haem Up (Folic acid, Vitamin B12, etc.) 2.5 ml in the afternoon after food for one month. Meanwhile also check your FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar), TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and CBC (complete blood count). These are blood tests. To improve your appetite, take tablet Ranitidine 150 mg half hour before food twice a day for 10 days. Please follow up with reports of blood tests.

I wake up coughing at night and swallow water to relieve this. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I always wake up coughing during the night. And when I eat, I get discomfort like trapped wind in my esophagus and have to swallow water hard to relieve this. I tested negative for H. pylori and currently on Lansoprazole which is not improving my symptoms much.  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

Why is there diarrhea and burps in a GERD patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor, a long time ago, said that I have GERD. It is an acid reflux condition. I get really disgusting burps that taste like rotten eggs and I get diarrhea. That will go on for about three hours and then I throw up and I feel fine. I take acid reducers but I still end up getting i...  Read Full »