Q. I have uneasiness below collarbone and feel spasm during breathing. Please help.

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

I am a-32-year old female. Recently, I am feeling a sort of uneasiness below the collarbone and quite in the middle of the upper portion of the chest. Initially, I thought it was a spasm but I have it for more than two weeks and feels little heavy deep inside. Kindly let me know the problem. Sometimes I feel spasm during deep breathing or while sleeping in the side positions. Currently, I am taking prenatal tablet one per day.

#

Most likely the cause of your symptoms is GERD that is gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. In simple terms, the acids from the stomach regurgitate to the esophagus. Before prescribing medicines I would like to know of any possible pregnancy and your last menstrual period date.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

My last period was a month back and actually was trying to conceive since last two months as we want to plan a baby. My first kid is 7 years old. For the past few weeks, my appetite is not so good too. I feel tired and weak.

#

As there is a small chance of pregnancy, I will prescribe medications which are safe in pregnancy also. Please take tablet Ranitidine 150 mg half hour before food twice a day for five days. Also avoid spicy food, tea, and coffee and have food at the regular time.

Can you prescribe any medications for my weakness and tiredness and improve my appetite as well? I am not having good sleep and having hair fall and dark circles. Please help me in getting a remedy.

#

Take syrup Haem Up (Folic acid, Vitamin B12, etc.) 2.5 ml in the afternoon after food for one month. Meanwhile also check your FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar), TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and CBC (complete blood count). These are blood tests. To improve your appetite, take tablet Ranitidine 150 mg half hour before food twice a day for 10 days. Please follow up with reports of blood tests.

|