Q. I have chest congestion, nose block and cough after a recent weather change. Please help.

Dr. Murali R

I have a chest congestion and nose block leading to the formation of a thick yellow mucus when I wake up in the morning. This started after a recent weather change in my city and I have this problem for a week now. I have not taken any medication yet. I do not have any other health issues except hyperacidity and GERD symptoms. In the mornings, if I clear the mucus, I feel relieved. The cough is phlegm-based and arises from within. Can you suggest a dose of antibiotic that will clear my throat and cough?

#

• I suggest the following medications:
  1. Alex cough syrup (a combination of Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin, and Chlorpheniramine) 10 ml, after food, morning and night till the cough subside and your chest congestion is relieved.
  2. Tablet Levocetirizine for cold, after food, morning and night.
  3. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for 10 days.
  • Generally, if there is no fever, antibiotics are not preferred. If symptoms are severe or with fever, start using antibiotic Moxikind CV (a combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg morning and night after food for five days.
  • Use vaporizer that relieves your symptoms.
  • Do a complete blood picture and send me the report.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full »

My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»