Q. I have chest congestion, nose block and cough after a recent weather change. Please help.

Dr. Murali R

I have a chest congestion and nose block leading to the formation of a thick yellow mucus when I wake up in the morning. This started after a recent weather change in my city and I have this problem for a week now. I have not taken any medication yet. I do not have any other health issues except hyperacidity and GERD symptoms. In the mornings, if I clear the mucus, I feel relieved. The cough is phlegm-based and arises from within. Can you suggest a dose of antibiotic that will clear my throat and cough?

#

• I suggest the following medications:
  1. Alex cough syrup (a combination of Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin, and Chlorpheniramine) 10 ml, after food, morning and night till the cough subside and your chest congestion is relieved.
  2. Tablet Levocetirizine for cold, after food, morning and night.
  3. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for 10 days.
  • Generally, if there is no fever, antibiotics are not preferred. If symptoms are severe or with fever, start using antibiotic Moxikind CV (a combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg morning and night after food for five days.
  • Use vaporizer that relieves your symptoms.
  • Do a complete blood picture and send me the report.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|