Q. Why do I feel giddy while standing or walking?

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 28, 2021

I am a 56 year old male. I am on BP medicine Cresar 40 since a month. Prior to that, I was on Aten 50. Now, my BP is around 130/100 mmHg and before it was 160/106 mmHg. When I take my walk or I am standing I feel giddy, probably for less than a second. It is more prevalent when I turn my head or look up suddenly. What can be the cause?

#

This is called postural hypotension. It is very common in hypertensive patients.

I suggest you Telma H (Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide) once daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

• Take normal salt in the diet, more fruits and vegetable juices.
  • Please send me a 2D echo of your heart, which is latest as there may be aortic stenosis also.
  • Before you stand up keep three pillows under your legs so that the brain gets a good blood supply and then get up.

Revert back with the reports to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|