Q. Why are my uric acid levels always high?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
Published on Sep 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a bad throat, cold and mild fever. I am taking antibiotic Amoxycillin and Ibugesic plus. Can I get liver function test and kidney function test at this time or should I wait?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

• It is advisable to get the liver and kidney function tests done after a week, as these drugs alter the test results.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I got the tests done. Please go through the attached reports and give your opinion.

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity).

• Your renal function tests are abnormal. You need to consult a nephrologist with these reports.
  • Your liver function test may be abnormal secondary to the drug effects.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you doctor,

Why is my uric acid level always high?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

• If it is not evaluated within a week, it can be harmful.
  • I suggest you do the following investigations:
  1. RFT (renal function test).
  2. Uric acid.
  3. eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate).
  • I suggest you take tablet Feburic (Febuxostat) 40 mg, once a day for seven days, tablet Shelcal (elemental Calcium and Vitamin D3) 500 mg, twice a day for 10 days and capsule Laretol (Calcitriol) 0.25, once a day for 10 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Revert after 15 days with the reports.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What could be the reason for constant feeling of nausea and abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 5'1", and weight is 120 lbs. I have been getting a constant feel of nausea for over a year along with abdomen, chest and back pain. The chest pain is sharp in the place of the heart. The back pain is right down the middle of my back, starting at my ...  Read Full »

Are high sugar and raised liver enzymes side effects of Protonix?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Protonix for almost three weeks for acid reflux. I had some blood laboratory work done and it showed my AST 812 and ALT 1,115. Could this be a rare side effect of Protonix? My glucose also went up to 192 and lipase is 72. I do not drink, smoke or use drugs...  Read Full »

What changes have to be done to control BP?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 58 years old. She has high BP problem since last six years. She is taking Amlong-A tablet daily from then and everything was fine. For the last two months, she has been diagnosed with high BP three to four times. We went through all blood and urine tests. Once a few pus cell...  Read Full »