Q. Kindly suggest an effective solution for granuloma annulare.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I consulted a doctor and he told me I am suffering from dermatographic urticaria. A biopsy was performed on my hand then got to know that my chronic hand rash is granuloma annulare (GA). I have severe itching at the site where GA shows up. I have been suffering for many years with it. For the past ten years, it was only present on my left hand. But, now it has started on my right hand too. After lot of research, got to know that GA is neither a life threatening condition nor contagious and generally disappears by itself. But, in my condition, it has not disappeared. After consulting a physician, I have tried many creams to reduce the itching as well as to dissipate the GA and nothing seems to be working. I even tried with few home remedies. I drank 2 oz daily of apple cider vinegar. First time it showed some benefit. But, later it did not work. Lastly, I tried with Lidocaine cream too, but no positive result. I am very worried and concerned. I am attaching the pictures for your reference. Please suggest me a good and effective treatment plan that will work for my condition. Thank you in advance.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

I checked the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Well, granuloma annulare is self limiting and symptomless condition.
  • Your biopsy has suggested it to be a case of granuloma annulare.
  • Intense itching along with purplish plaque is going in favor of lichen planus clinically. I would recommend you to undergo biopsy once again.
  • I would suggest you to have tablet Prednisolone 50 mg for 15 days daily and check for its response.
  • In order to reduce the size and symptoms of the disease, you can take intralesional injection Triamcinolone.
  • If the disease is localized, then you can go for cryotherapy.

Revert back after 15 days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Please suggest homeopathy medicine for urticaria.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. Recently, I have been diagnosed with having urticaria (burning, itching sensations throughout the body from head to toe). It started out in an acute way but is turning out to be chronic. It has been more than two and a half months and I am still suffering from it...  Read Full »

My wife has urticaria. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been getting a rash which the doctor has termed as urticaria. What could have caused this? I feel she could be having a yeast intolerance. Please help.  Read Full »