Growth Spurts

When does a boy hit his growth spurt?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 and 5'2" I think and I am a guy. When will I hit my growth spurt? My mom is 5' and my dad is 5'10". Grandmother 5'2" and grandfather 5'10".  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I think you are worried about your height. So your growth spurt or as we call puberty should have started already and your height will keep on increasing till 21 but depends on your genes too. As you said your father has a height of 5'10" you might reach a height ...  Read Full »

What can be done for stretch marks on belly and legs?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20-year-old male. I have skin problem. I have stretch marks on my belly area and on legs.   Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are striae (stretch marks). There are many reasons for stretch marks to appear on the body. The most common of which is a growth spurt in teenage years and obesity, weight gain. Other can be disease conditions but they are less likely in the absence of other sy...  Read Full »

What is the reason for pain in legs and hips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having strong aches in my legs and hips for some time now (probably a few years, on and off) not just when exercising but also when standing. Sometimes, this becomes so painful that I cannot stand. The pain feels like a constant ache in the inner of my legs. When this pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj

Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This might be growing pains which all kids have until 18 to 20 years as bones unite by 20 years. Also, we are up and about every day on our legs so the pain might increase. You can keep your legs in a tub of warm water for 2 to 3 minutes for two sessions per day. This m...  Read Full »

Is clicking sound in knee a symptom of any big disease in an 18-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a boy, 18 years old. My right knee has clicking sound without any pain. Please help me out of this. Is this symptom of any big disease? Tell me some things to cure this.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have what sounds like Chondromalacia patella which in itself is not a major problem and commonly seen in young adults who are still growing. You will need to do a regular exercise of the knee and stretches of the hamstrings and most problems resolve once you stop...  Read Full »

Why has not my height increased in the last five years?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I have a question concerning my height. I grew from 5 feet and 2 inches to 5 feet and 9 inches between 11 to 13 years. I did not have any noticeable growth since then. Usually, you would consider me as an early bloomer, but I had not shown signs of puberty unt...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. From what you have mentioned, it does not appear that you have a delay in your height growth velocity. According to your parent's height, your predicted height turns out to be 5 feet and 11 inches, and your current height is 5 feet and 10 inches wh...  Read Full »