Q. Are there any chances left for me to grow at least 5 feet 10 inches?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 31, 2020

I am a 17-year-old boy and I am 5 feet 5 inches. I do not think that I have a growth spurt. After puberty, I started to have pubic hair and it got extended into my thighs. I have a mustache and some hairs on my chin and cheeks. My mother is 4 feet 11 inches and my father is 5 feet 11 inches. I did a bone age test when I was 16 years old and they told me that my bone has a growth of 16 years old. When I did the same test at 14 years old, they told me that the bone age is 13 years old. I was 5 feet 2 inches at that time. My height is around two inches above the base of the penis. I have been growing at the rate of one to inches every year when I was a kid. I was 148 centimeters at 12 years, 151 centimeters at 13 years, 155 centimeters at 15 years, 162 centimeters at 16 years, and 165 centimeters at 17 years. Can I have a chance to grow at least 5 feet 10 inches? I am not taking medicines except vitamin supplements. My hormone levels are normal.

#

I understand your concern. You can still grow up to the age of 20 years. The parameters mentioned by you are quite normal and there are still chances to grow more. I suggest you take a healthy diet and follow a proper routine of playing sports. Sports like badminton, volleyball, and basketball are helpful to increase height.

|