Q. I am 18 years old, and my growth is not adequate for the last three years. Please help.

Dr. Manisha Auradkar Raghunath Auradkar

I am not able to grow for the last three years. I am 18 years old now. I have never taken any medication before. But I masturbate a week thrice, and I have a lot of pimples on my face. I was very fair when I was ten years old, but later I started getting dark. Please help.

#

I can understand your concern. During childhood and puberty, there is the highest rate of growth seen in teenagers. As the age increases, height does not increase as fast as it used to during puberty. It increases but at a slow rate. You can try exercising daily, which helps in healthy growth.

Regarding your complexion, it can be due to the exposure to the sun that you have daily. Try using sunscreen lotion whenever you go out. Avoid staying in the sun for a longer duration. Also, consult a physician in person and get yourself examined. He might add some nutritional supplements that will help in accelerating your growth. I hope it helps. Feel free to contact for any further query in the future.

|