Q. I have pain in gum and lower teeth with redness in tongue. Please help.

Dr. Sonali Kinikar
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 02, 2020

I have pain in the gums and lower teeth. I also note some redness at the base of the tongue. Please suggest.

#

I read your query and also saw the image you had sent. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You have pain in the gums and teeth, also redness at the base of the tongue.

Causes for the gum pain are:

1. Improper oral hygiene because of which you have gum problems and also the recession of gums.

2. Badly decayed teeth (in the image), I can see some teeth are decayed.

Because of these, you have an infection in gums and the redness. You have to visit the dentist for full mouth rehabilitation, means you have to take

1. Radiograph of all teeth.

2. Detection of caries.

3. Checking mobility.

Visit the dentist for full mouth cleaning. Maintain proper oral hygiene by following:

1. Two times brushing with a soft toothbrush.

2. Use Chlorhexidine mouthwash twice a day after brushing.

3. Use can use Metrogyl gel to massage the gums.

For pain, take tablet Ketorol DT (Ketorolac) twice a day for three days, capsule Amoxicillin 500 mg two times a day for three days and antacid before meals tablet PAN D (Pantoprazole) two times a day for three days.

After three days.

|