Q. What can be done for gum pain related to wisdom tooth?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Feb 05, 2019

The gums where my wisdom tooth is present is in pain.

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

What is your age? Wisdom tooth gets erupted in ages between 19 to 30. They put eruption pressure after every three weeks or so. If its position is not vertical or they are tilted or are impacted in bone, they start causing severe pain. For it the first line of treatment is taking medications. This will subside eruption pain.

The second line of treatment is if it is not getting better with medicines you should get it extracted so that it may not bother surrounding tissues and tooth. Meanwhile, take tablet Brufen 400 mg eight hourly for three days. Give me followup after three days. If pain will persist, then you will be prescribed antibiotics. Stay happy and blessed.

Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted. Is it better to remove?

Query: Hi doctor, I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my in...  Read Full »

Why are there pain and gum bleeding with wisdom tooth eruption?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a wisdom tooth coming out and my gums are swollen and I am suffering from the pain. When I brush and floss, it bleeds. What is this?  Read Full »

How can I manage wisdom tooth eruption pain?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two weeks, my two wisdom teeth on the right side of my face have been coming in. The pain has been incredibly severe and is almost unbearable at this point. I have been experiencing headaches and tenderness pain in my neck, jaw, and gums. I have trouble moving my jaw and ...  Read Full »