Q. I am 16 years old. How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?

Dr. Tanvi Mayur Patel
Published on Jun 24, 2018

I am a 16 year old male with gynecomastia. I weigh 70 kg and I am about 5' 4". How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?

Dr. Tanvi Mayur Patel

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

Gynecomastia during puberty of your age is normal. It will subside in one year's time on its own. Do not worry about it.

If you are overweight or obese, then you must lose weight.

No medicine is required right now and please do not develop any complex because of it.

It needs attention and treatment only if you do not have other male secondary sexual characteristics like beard, facial hair, or change in your voice.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

I had a gynecomastia surgery last week. Why is fluid getting accumulated in my right breast?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for gynecomastia with increase in weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My weight is 80 kilogram, and my height is 5'9 feet. I have gynecomastia for the past four years. Please recommend some medicines.  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now