iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersEndocrinologygynecomastiaI am 16 years old. How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?

I am 16 years old. How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 24, 2018
Reviewed AtOctober 10, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 16 year old male with gynecomastia. I weigh 154.3 lbs and I am about 5' 4". How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Gynecomastia during puberty of your age is normal. It will subside in one year's time on its own. Do not worry about it. If you are overweight or obese, then you must lose weight. No medicine is required right now and please do not develop any complex because of it. It needs attention and treatment only if you do not have other male secondary sexual characteristics like beard, facial hair, or change in your voice.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Makwana Tanvi Ghanshyambhai
Dr. Makwana Tanvi Ghanshyambhai


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy