Q. I am suffering from gynecomastia with increase in weight. Please help.

Dr. Albana Greca
Published on Sep 22, 2018

I am 18 years old. My weight is 80 kilogram, and my height is 5'9 feet. I have gynecomastia for the past four years. Please recommend some medicines.

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I think you have hormonal problems as per your weight. You should check your thyroid hormones, sex hormones and a complete biochemistry panel (liver and kidney function test). If everything is fine, then it can be due to hormonal changes at your young age. So the treatment depends upon the cause. At this age, as you are under growing process, it is better to wait and watch if they resolve on its own. If not, then go for the diagnostic tests as mentioned above.

My partner is weak after withdrawal bleeding. How to improve her health?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had sex nine days ago. The condom slipped, but its opening was outside and I removed it carefully. But, just to be sure, she had Unwanted-72 immediately after. Today, she had period-like bleeding. Is it a side effect of Unwanted-72 or was it something else?  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. It is a withdrawal bleeding and there is nothing to worry about. So, relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care. For more information consult an obstetric...  Read Full

I had a gynecomastia surgery last week. Why is fluid getting accumulated in my right breast?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vikram
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get a...  Read Full

The pregnancy test was negative, then why did not I get my periods still?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 years old married woman. My last period was 18th of last month, but I did not get my periods till now. I got a pregnancy test, but it was negative. My hemoglobin is 12. Why did I not get my periods still?  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be because of hormonal changes due to stress and strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, change in climate or low blood count. However, if you have doubt, then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a blood test for pregnancy done to ensure tha...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now