Q. I am suffering from gynecomastia with increase in weight. Please help.

Dr. Albana Greca

I am 18 years old. My weight is 80 kilogram, and my height is 5'9 feet. I have gynecomastia for the past four years. Please recommend some medicines.

#

I think you have hormonal problems as per your weight. You should check your thyroid hormones, sex hormones and a complete biochemistry panel (liver and kidney function test). If everything is fine, then it can be due to hormonal changes at your young age. So the treatment depends upon the cause. At this age, as you are under growing process, it is better to wait and watch if they resolve on its own. If not, then go for the diagnostic tests as mentioned above.

|