Q. How to know the cause for my severe hair fall and get rid of it?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I am 20 years old, and I have been experiencing severe hair fall for the past four years. Recently it has got worse, and it is falling out in chunks. It gives me a lot of stress and anxiety. It lowers my self-esteem. What could be the cause of this?

Thanks.

#

Welcome to ilciniq.com.

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) Is it a female pattern hair loss?

2) How is your central parting?

3) What about hair thinning?

4) Is it tractional alopecia?

5) Do you always do tight hairstyles or ponytails?

6) Is your hair loss diffuse?

7) Any history of the stressful event?

8) Do you have any chronic illnesses?

9) Have you checked your thyroid profile?

10) How is your protein intake?

Revert with the answers.

I am losing hair in the centerline, in the sides, and also in the back. I do have hair thinning. I do not usually do tight hairstyles. And I do get pain when I wear ponytails. The pandemic has caused a lot of stress, but my hair loss has started before that. I do not know if I have an insufficient protein intake. I have added pictures, and I get itching a lot.

And I have to wash my hair frequently or else the itching becomes bad. A lot of hair has been falling out this month in particular, and it gives me a lot of anxiety.

Should I have to see a doctor?

Thanks.

#

Kindly apply 1 mL of Minoxidil 2.5% lotion twice daily in the morning and at night on hair loss or hair thinning area for three months, take tablet Perfectil plus (Riboflavin, Niacin, and Biotin) twice daily after food for one month, Scalpe shampoo (Zinc pyridine) twice weekly for six weeks. And eat protein-rich foods like egg yolk, milk, paneer, chicken, almonds, lentils, curd, pulses, and walnuts, stay hydrated, drink eight glasses of water daily, a glass of carrot juice, avoid oiling of hair, never comb wet hair, avoid hot shower, use broad spaced bristles comb, avoid tight hairstyles, be gentle when you comb, avoid stress, and avoid crash diet.

|