Q. Kindly suggest medications for thinning and loss of hair.

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 07, 2019

I am 32-year-old male, lately suffering from excessive hair loss, not only in a particular area on the scalp but all over thinning. No any other disease, no medication, height 183 cm, and 81 kg weight, overall, being healthy. Recently had blood tests and all reports look fine. One concern she asked me is whether enough proteins am I getting? As I am a vegetarien by food habit. She also suggested that I can try any medications without prescription like Biotin etc. Also, I see a lot of sticky dandruff, which is causing itching sensation on my scalp. Please suggest any medicine I can bring from other places and some tips on food, so I get enough proteins.

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Please upload a few pictures if possible for diagnosis and advice appropriate treatment.

I have attached the file.

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

His male pattern baldness (also called androgenetic alopecia) is not a disease but aging process (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Treatment is 5 % Minoxidil lotion apply 1 ml over the dry scalp twice daily morning and night. The minimum time to show the effect will take six to eight months, and it can be continued life long for maintaining hair growth and density. Tablet Biotin 10 mg is a hair supplement which you can take once daily it is not compulsory to make this tablet but lotion you have to apply. For dandruff, you can use this shampoo like Keraglo AD or scalpe shampoo twice weekly.

Please tell the medicine available in homeopathy to stop the hair fall and promotes hair growth.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 24 years old, and for the past nine years, I am facing hair fall problem nowadays my 60 % of hair is falling on my top and front of my head. I checked my thyroid and hemoglobin many times, but their reports are good. I use many home remedies and hair oils, but when I stop using it ...  Read Full »

Why is my head shedding excess hair these days?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been shedding excess hair in the past few weeks. It was just a few in the beginning but now when I comb my hand through my head, 10 to 15 strands of hair come out in my hand. I do not know what is causing this. I have tried to find the reason online but there are lots of theori...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of antiepileptic drugs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old girl and it has been almost four years that I have been suffering from epilepsy. The medicines I take are Levipil 500 mg, Rivotril 0.5 mg and Cetadom for headache. Recently, I am feeling that my memory power and concentration are falling down. I have also been facing...  Read Full »