Q. Shall I opt Finasteride for hair loss?

Dr. Annie Flora G
Published on Jul 05, 2016

I am losing my hair day by day. Can I use Finasteride? I have hydrocele. Is it related to my testosterone?

Dr. Annie Flora G

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Please do not go to Finasteride straight away. First, the cause and the pattern of your hair loss have to be assessed.

It could vary from seborrheic dermatitis to androgenic alopecia to any other skin disorders too. Then, treatment can be planned.

Have a consultation with a dermatologist for physical evaluation and get your problem assessed.

Hydrocele is not related to testosterone. It is just a fluid collection in the sac. So, please do not get confused.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

How can I treat graying of hair and hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing hair fall from the last 4 to 5 months. Also facing graying of hairs from last three years.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does this problem exist in your family? If yes it is androgenetic alopecia that is common in males and related to male hormones. Premature greying of hair is also genetic and as such there is no treatment for reversing of grey hair. However, you can take Biotin suppleme...  Read Full

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full

I am just 22 and already going bald. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old male, height 5 feet and 5 inches and weight 66 kg. I first started experiencing hair fall a year ago, and after taking homeopathy treatment, there was a good improvement in a couple of months. I did not have any hair fall for eight to nine months. But, from the last ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hair fall you are experiencing might be androgenetic alopecia, and this is a genetic condition. This happens if your father or other family members are bald. Usually, the genetic baldness starts from the age of 20 to 25 and gradually progresses. A fall of up to 1...  Read Full