Q. Shall I opt Finasteride for hair loss?

Dr. Annie Flora G
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

I am losing my hair day by day. Can I use Finasteride? I have hydrocele. Is it related to my testosterone?

Dr. Annie Flora G

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Please do not go to Finasteride straight away. First, the cause and the pattern of your hair loss have to be assessed.

It could vary from seborrheic dermatitis to androgenic alopecia to any other skin disorders too. Then, treatment can be planned.

Have a consultation with a dermatologist for physical evaluation and get your problem assessed.

Hydrocele is not related to testosterone. It is just a fluid collection in the sac. So, please do not get confused.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

How can I treat graying of hair and hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing hair fall from the last 4 to 5 months. Also facing graying of hairs from last three years.  Read Full »

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »

I am just 22 and already going bald. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old male, height 5 feet and 5 inches and weight 66 kg. I first started experiencing hair fall a year ago, and after taking homeopathy treatment, there was a good improvement in a couple of months. I did not have any hair fall for eight to nine months. But, from the last ...  Read Full »