Q. My hair is falling out in clumps due to severe stress. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hairfall or Urticaria? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 37 year old female. I have been experiencing hair fall in clumps since the last two weeks, so much so that, I have lost half of my hair. The last one month, I have been under stress because of my father's death. I have consulted a dermatologist and have got some tests done as suggested. My reports were fine except my vitamin D and hemoglobin which were slightly less. I was prescribed meds like Iron tablet and vitamin D sachet. I was also advised to apply Manor and Qilib liquid on my scalp. The hair fall is still continuing. I have started experiencing pain on the scalp, in the roots of the hair. For the last four months, I have been using antihistamine and steroids as suggested by the earlier dermatologist for urticaria skin eruptions. The present doctor has asked me to stop using steroids and continue with an antihistamine. Please advise what to do as both my problem continues.