Q. I am suffering from halitosis for the past 15 years. Kindly suggest a solution.

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
Published on Oct 31, 2019

I am a 26-year-old female. I am suffering from halitosis for the past 15 years. Consulted many doctors and they could not find out the reason. Please help me.

#

If it is such a long history, it will surely need good investigation, medication and regular check-ups. And as you are saying it is not possible in your area I can only give you oral home remedies which may or may not work without timely scaling.

This condition can either be related to your mouth or to your stomach even. Many a times this may be due to stomach conditions, upsets or poor oral hygiene.

For now I would suggest you to get a full mouth scaling and root planning done if possible in your area, after that follow these:

Drink plenty of water.

Avoid things like raw garlic, onion.

Take more fresh fruits and vegetables.

Chew parsley, it helps.

Clean your tongue after you are done with tooth brushing.

Floss at least once daily.

Rinse off properly after every meal and clean your teeth with fingers.

Do warm water and salt rinse three to four times daily.

Do not take in more of sugary things as they stay for longer time in your oral cavity and cause bad breath.

Keep clove in your mouth.

| 

Homeopathic Medicines for Halitosis (Bad Breath)

Article Overview: Halitosis or bad breath is a mouth condition, where the patient complains of unpleasant smell from the oral cavity. It may be related to both systemic and oral conditions. About 85 % of cases belong to oral conditions like poor oral hygiene, certain foods, dentures, dry mouth, tobacco products, and medical conditions. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

An unpleasant smell from the mouth or bad breath is called halitosis, which is caused by eating certain food, dry mouth, poor oral hygiene, alcohol or tobacco use, or by some chronic medical conditions. What Are the Risk Factors and Causes for Halitosis? 1. Food like garlic, spicy foods, cheese, f...  Read Article

Is my dental problem curable?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 70 years old. He has some dental problem and that is filled with pus and blood. Local dentist checked it, but the treatment does not provide complete solution. It occurs again and again. Please check the picture and tell me what it is. Is it cancerous? Is it curable? Ple...  Read Full »

I fear that my teeth are going to fall out due to receding gums. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have receding gums, and they are sore as well. Two of the teeth are wobbly, and I am terrified they are going to fall out. I am only 19 years old. I brush and floss my teeth twice a day. I used to smoke. Since I have noticed my teeth issue, I quit smoking. Please help me. I am desperat...  Read Full »