Q. I am suffering from halitosis for the past 15 years. Kindly suggest a solution.

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

I am a 26-year-old female. I am suffering from halitosis for the past 15 years. Consulted many doctors and they could not find out the reason. Please help me.

#

If it is such a long history, it will surely need good investigation, medication and regular check-ups. And as you are saying it is not possible in your area I can only give you oral home remedies which may or may not work without timely scaling.

This condition can either be related to your mouth or to your stomach even. Many a times this may be due to stomach conditions, upsets or poor oral hygiene.

For now I would suggest you to get a full mouth scaling and root planning done if possible in your area, after that follow these:

Drink plenty of water.

Avoid things like raw garlic, onion.

Take more fresh fruits and vegetables.

Chew parsley, it helps.

Clean your tongue after you are done with tooth brushing.

Floss at least once daily.

Rinse off properly after every meal and clean your teeth with fingers.

Do warm water and salt rinse three to four times daily.

Do not take in more of sugary things as they stay for longer time in your oral cavity and cause bad breath.

Keep clove in your mouth.

|