Q. I fear that my teeth are going to fall out due to receding gums. Please help.

Dr. Honey Arora
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2021

I have receding gums, and they are sore as well. Two of the teeth are wobbly, and I am terrified they are going to fall out. I am only 19 years old. I brush and floss my teeth twice a day. I used to smoke. Since I have noticed my teeth issue, I quit smoking. Please help me. I am desperate.

#

• As per your complaint, it looks like you have deep gum infection and it is causing loss of attachment of teeth to gums making them loose.
  • As you are a smoker, it causes the gum health to deter even faster.
  • When there is a recession, only home remedies will not be sufficient, and you need to consult a periodontist and get evaluated.
  • Deep scaling and curettage followed by antibiotics and antiseptic mouthwash gargle will help.
  • Along with it, complete stoppage of smoking, gum paint massage, and warm saline gargle will help.
  • If there is a progressive recession, then gum grafts can be advised.

Panoramic x-ray.

Periodontitis.

For further information consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|