Q. I fear that my teeth are going to fall out due to receding gums. Please help.

Dr. Honey Arora
Published on May 31, 2017

I have receding gums, and they are sore as well. Two of the teeth are wobbly, and I am terrified they are going to fall out. I am only 19 years old. I brush and floss my teeth twice a day. I used to smoke. Since I have noticed my teeth issue, I quit smoking. Please help me. I am desperate.

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• As per your complaint, it looks like you have deep gum infection and it is causing loss of attachment of teeth to gums making them loose.
  • As you are a smoker, it causes the gum health to deter even faster.
  • When there is a recession, only home remedies will not be sufficient, and you need to consult a periodontist and get evaluated.
  • Deep scaling and curettage followed by antibiotics and antiseptic mouthwash gargle will help.
  • Along with it, complete stoppage of smoking, gum paint massage, and warm saline gargle will help.
  • If there is a progressive recession, then gum grafts can be advised.

Panoramic x-ray.

Periodontitis.

For further information consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

How to straighten teeth without braces or veneers?

Query: Hello doctor, I want straight teeth. I do not want braces or accelerated orthodontics or veneers. And I do not want a retainer. Is there any hope?  Read Full >>

Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various methods to obtain properly aligned teeth include braces, accelerated orthodontics, veneers, retainers and few others. The suitable method for you can be decided by knowing your age, teeth alignment, gum and jaw bone condition, any parafunctional habits like...  Read Full

Shall I opt flap surgery and bone graft for my loose tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe toothache and loose teeth. I used to chew tobacco for the past 10 years. I am getting severe tooth pain often and some blister in the gums. My upper sixth tooth got loose and was removed three years ago. I have been to a local dentist and they advised deep scaling, root...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that the loose teeth have gone beyond repair and should be removed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The alternative treatment plan, which is cost effective, do deep scaling first to get clean gums and teeth and then use Betadine mouthwash for ...  Read Full

My teeth are weak, mobile and lost four already. How to manage the condition?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, and my teeth are weak. Till date, I have lost three molars and one premolar. I am using caps on that place. Now, I have a slight movement on my central incisor. Please suggest me a treatment or medicine to prevent myself from the early loss of a tooth.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It looks like a condition called chronic periodontitis, in case if you do not have a decayed tooth. For that, you need to take medication like Ofloxacin 200 mg twice daily for a week, tablet Metronidazole 400 mg three times daily for a wee...  Read Full