Q. Why is my bad breath increasing day by day?

Dr. Beryl Fredrick
and medically reviewed by Dr. Anuthanyaa R

My mouth smells bad. The problem is increasing day by day. Please suggest something because it creates a very bad impression in front of everyone.

#

I can understand your concern. Bad breath or halitosis can be due to dental and non-dental reasons. Dental reasons include accumulation of tartar or calculus on the teeth, gum disease, failed fillings or crowns, multiple cavities, tongue deposits, and impacted wisdom teeth. The most common cause is calculus. A complete scaling and polishing (teeth and gum cleaning) procedure should be done to remove these deposits, and the bad breath stops instantly. Non-dental reasons like gastric ulcers, acidity, other digestive or sinus-related issues, and throat infections can also cause bad breath. Visit your dentist to know the reason for your bad breath and get it treated. Unfortunately, mouthwashes, mints, or home remedies do not give permanent relief. I hope this helps. For further queries, I would be happy to help.

Good day.

|