What might be the reason for my cracked knuckles not healing for weeks?

Q. I have cracked knuckles which are not healing. What to do?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 03, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2023

The knuckles of my right hand have been cracked for several weeks and are not healing. Please help.

#

I have read your query and reviewed the attached photos (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). This seems to be eczema. I suggest you apply a topical steroid and antibiotic combination cream. Apply Fucibet cream (Fusidic acid and Betamethasone valerate) on the affected areas twice daily for 10 days. Also, apply moisturizer on your entire hand multiple times a day to keep the area moisturized and to avoid friction. Follow up after 10 days.

Thank you for the reply. Where can I get the Fucibet cream?

#

I have mentioned the combination in the prescription. If you do not get it, apply Cortisone cream mixed with Soframycin cream. It should be available over the counter.

Thank you for the reply.

#

You are most welcome.

|