Q. Does HBV core Ab total reactive mean hepatitis B?

Hepatitis B surface antigen HBsAg HBV is negative. Hepatitis B HBV core Ab total*Q is reactive. Kindly help me. Do I have hepatitis B or am I immune? Do I need any other tests done? I also did liver profile test. ALT 21 U/L, AST 19 U/L, alkaline phosphate 147 U/L written high. I also did the liver elastography which says normal.

Hematology Pathology
#

The patient develops an antibody against core antigen during the fight against hepatitis. However, core antibody development is suggestive of infection by hepatitis B antigen. It is not a marker of immunity.

If you want to rule out whether you are immune or not investigate with anti-HBsAg antibody estimation testing. If you have IgG HbsAag antibody in blood than you are immune to hepatitis B.

| 

I am an HBsAg carrier. Is there any treatment for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an HBsAg carrier, and I want to travel abroad for a job. I came to know about my status during a medical checkup, and after that, I got my complete blood test done. I am scared after reading about it on the internet. I have attached my test reports for your better understanding. ...  Read Full »

I think I have a liver damage. Should I get tested for hepatitis A and B?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my blood results, which I have uploaded. There are two files. One is about three months old and the other one is from today. I am afraid that I have a liver damage. Should I get tested for hepatitis A, B and C? I had donated blood four months ago and that time there was no p...  Read Full »

Which type of hepatitis B infection do I have?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently went for a checkup for hepatitis B. I did this because I had unprotected sex with someone about three months back. I never had any test before. The results came up positive. I have done further tests to see if the infection is chronic or acute.  Read Full »