Q. Should a patient be worried about thecomlications of a head injury that occurred 14 years ago?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I was drunk and bumped into a tall dresser which knocked a dinner plate off the top and hit me on the head about 14 years ago. I do not remember much as I was drunk. When I woke up the next day, I felt completely fine. I had a very small cut on my head so I did not consult the doctor. Should I worry about my head injury after 14 years?

#

Usually, the person experiences vomiting, headache, and dizziness after a head injury, but you did not experience any of these symptoms then, so do not worry. Everything is fine, and you did not experience any symptoms afterward. Are you taking any medicine currently?

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I am unsure if I had a headache as I woke up hours later. I am worried if something will happen to me now.

#

It would not have caused any damage, so do not worry. When there is some damage to the brain, the symptoms occur right after the injury, but you did not experience any of them.

|