Q. I had no symptoms after hitting my head on a concrete wall. Am I safe?

Dr. Vivek Chail
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 19, 2019

I recently slammed the top of my head against a concrete wall while trying to jump a gap at a gymnastics gym. I did not lose consciousness and immediately iced it. It has been two days since then, and I have not experienced any symptoms of a concussion or any other head injury. Only tenderness on the spot. Am I fine?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

1. If there have been no symptoms, then it is probably a mild injury without any internal brain injury.

2. In head injury, an observation period of 24 hours is essential, and if there is no progress of symptoms, then there is almost no probability of any serious problem.

3. If you get any symptoms like headache, dizziness, vomiting, visual problems, then it requires an evaluation and CT scan head. If there are no symptoms, then you are alright. Tenderness is almost always there due to superficial injury and will disappear in a week.

I get dizziness when I look up or get up. What is causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been getting bouts of confusion, dizziness (when looking up and sometimes when getting up), headaches, pulses, and pressure in my head and what I can only explain as brain fog (during these episodes, I find that my problem solving and my cognitive function is diminished). The epi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to intracranial hypertension or any of the other disorders. An inner ear disorder, vertigo, or epilepsy may lead to such clinical situation. For this reason, I re...  Read Full

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article

Do you think my head injury is a critical one?

Query: Hi doctor, My head got injured after some part of a concrete ceiling collapse. CT Scan done and I have attached the reports. I was hospitalized three days. An ENT opinion was taken and also, an audiometry was done. It showed a minor injury in the right ear and less audibility. Now, I have some pa...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from brain contusions (microhemorrhages) as well as scalp injuries (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is the cause of the pain and heaviness. You have to take antibiotics, anti-epileptics and painkillers. I suggest the following drug...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now