Q. Can blepharitis lead to headache?

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

My 9 year old son has had a frontal headache for over a month. We discovered that he has muscle knots and blepharitis. Can blepharitis lead to headache?

#

• Blepharitis can rarely cause headache. Blepharitis usually indicates a low grade infection of the hair root and surrounding sebaceous glands.
  • I guess the muscle knots on the eyelid you are referring to is chalazion or stye. Both, blepharitis and chalazion occur when child constantly rubs his eye and recurrent touching causes bacteria from the hand to be deposited there.
  • This usually happens when the child has uncorrected refractive error or glass number. Refractive error also will cause headache.
  • Hence, kindly get your child evaluated by a local ophthalmologist for glass numbers that you may not be aware of.
  • Also, cleaning of the eyelashes with baby shampoo on daily basis only in consultation with your local ophthalmologist.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|