Q. Can blepharitis lead to headache?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

My 9 year old son has had a frontal headache for over a month. We discovered that he has muscle knots and blepharitis. Can blepharitis lead to headache?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Blepharitis can rarely cause headache. Blepharitis usually indicates a low grade infection of the hair root and surrounding sebaceous glands.
  • I guess the muscle knots on the eyelid you are referring to is chalazion or stye. Both, blepharitis and chalazion occur when child constantly rubs his eye and recurrent touching causes bacteria from the hand to be deposited there.
  • This usually happens when the child has uncorrected refractive error or glass number. Refractive error also will cause headache.
  • Hence, kindly get your child evaluated by a local ophthalmologist for glass numbers that you may not be aware of.
  • Also, cleaning of the eyelashes with baby shampoo on daily basis only in consultation with your local ophthalmologist.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I got conjunctivitis 7 days back.I had red eye with eyelid swelling.Now redness is gone but blurring is present.What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling.  I used Moxifloxacin hydrochloride from the very first day, every 2 hours. Then I started Fluorometholone 4 times a day and Cyclosporine 3 times a day. And now from 2 days I got blurred eye. Redness is gone...  Read Full >>

Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having conjunctivitis and you are on treatment with moxifloxacin and fluorometholone. The presence of blurring of vision indicates involvement of cornea in the form of keratoconjunctivitis. This usually ...  Read Full

What could be the reason for blurred vision following a hit on the eye?

Query: Hi doctor, Two days back, I got a hit in my eye with a ball. Still, it is paining with blurred image. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After trauma with the ball, there could be many things that can cause blurring. It could be a simple eyelid swelling or small abrasion on the cornea, the front transparent surface of the eye. Other causes may be inflammation in the eye or blood inside the ey...  Read Full

How can my blurred vision be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This blurred vision could be due to viral keratoconjunctivitis which means there is a possibility of involvement of cornea leading to blurred vision. Treatment usually includes soft steroid eyedrop like fluorometholone in slow tapering doses. It is a provisional di...  Read Full