Q. Kindly explain the treatment for severe headache in right temple.

Answered by Dr. Aida Quka and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Headache or Migraine? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My daughter is 9 years old and has a typical headache at right temple. The headache, she says, is more or less constant and not severe in the day but is intense at night. She sleeps at around 10:00 PM and wakes up around 12:15 AM to 12:30 AM. This is when she cries as she is not able to bear the pain. She gets up from the pain itself. We have already done head X-ray and sinuses is ruled out.

Even though the medicine is for antibiotics and I am not sure that it is working, as there is no improvement for last four nights (saving the first night when there was no pain and she could sleep the entire night). During her night pains when we give her Crocin, she is better after 10 to 15 minutes and then typically sleeps the rest of the night.

We are trying to get appointment for silent MRI and have our fingers crossed. However, as you are very experienced and could identify a pattern or known case or cause, please do share. Again, the pain is only at right temple and nowhere else