Q. I have swollen feet with a problem of heart failure. What is the management?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Good morning. I am 35 years old with height 5'4" and weight of 75 kg. I suffer from swollen feet for a month till today. I had heart failure before two years and six weeks of confinement. I discontinued taking treatment. Last check up was done last year. Till now, it did not go for a check up due to pandemic. I am taking these medicines.

1.Ketoanalogue( Renoanlogue)

2.Clopidogrel 75mg

3.Carvedilol 12.5mg

4.Amlodipine 10mg.

#

Thanks for the query sir

What I could understand from your question is that you have heart failure diagnosed before two years and now you have both swollen feet. You are taking above mentioned medicines.

Please tell why you had heart failure? was it due to heart attack or other causes such as dilated cardiomyopathy and myocarditis etc? Also tell left Ventricular ejection fraction so that I may guide you accordingly.

Also send an ECG. Untill then take following medicines for heart failure.

Tab Carvedilol 12.5 mg twice a day

Tab Ramipril 5 mg (in place of Amlodipine. Stop Amlodipine, it can cause swelling of feet)

Tab Furosemide 40 mg morning and afternoon

If you had heart attack then take (in addition to above): Tab Aspirin 75mg daily once Tab Rosuvastatin 20mg daily once

Please Send me your ECG, echocardiography reports and recent renal function tests.

Fluid overload due to Amlodipine, excessive salt use, renal disorder, non c adherence to medicines

ECG, ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY, RENAL FUNCTION TESTS, ELECTROLYTES

As mentioned above. May be changed after seeing investigations

Reduce salt intake,

After a week with above history and reports

| 
1 out of 1 likes

I have congestive heart failure with EF at 42. Will this get normal with healthy diet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 50 year old man who worked out six days a week. About six weeks ago, I had chest pain and went to a hospital. I was admitted after having three blocked arteries, at 99, 93 and 88 percent, and successfully had three stents put in. Since released, I have turned to a vegan...  Read Full »

I have RA and suffering from swollen feet and unbearable pain. Should I got to an ER?

Query: Hello doctor, I have RA and have been on prednisone for 15 years or more. I was tapered off with the last dose taken five months before. I now can barely walk, my pain is unbearable, and my right leg and foot are swollen. I have tried every OVC pain medication possible, and nothing is working. What...  Read Full »

No more painful bouts of AFib. Can this be due to the stopping of Bisoprolol?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 65-year-old male who has until recently been playing tennis regularly. I have been on beta blockers for about 15 years, first on 50 mg Atenolol and then on 10 mg Bisoprolol. They lowered my pulse rate to about 60 but then about three years ago I started to get AFib...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»