Q. I am suffering from swollen feet and unbearble pain due to RA. Kindly help.

Dr. Srivastava Durgesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

I have RA and have been on prednisone for 15 years or more. I was tapered off with the last dose taken five months before. I now can barely walk, my pain is unbearable, and my right leg and foot are swollen. I have tried every OVC pain medication possible, and nothing is working. What is going on? Should I go to ER?

#

I think you need more DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs), preferably a combination of Leflunomide, and Methotrexate should be tried. And Prednisolone will be required until the Dmards combo works. It does not help in reducing the steroids dose in three to the fourth month, and then biological therapy should be planned. I hope it helps.

|