Q. Is it normal to feel heartbeats in the stomach?

I can feel heart beats in my stomach and it is moving like the heart is beating. This issue I have from more than a few years, but I am feeling it more and makes me nervous. While having this issue, my stomach is getting bigger, more bloated. Please do not suggest me going to doctor, I need a way to lower the heartbeat that I feel in the stomach.

#

Firstly, I guess you do not have any other symptoms like shortness of breath or chest pain. It is worthwhile to get yourself auscultated by a local doctor to rule out structural heart disease, although that appears to be less likely.

You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest. Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.

You should get prescribed tablet Pan DSR (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) 40 mg or Esomeprazole-Domperidone combination before breakfast once a day for two weeks. Also, you should get prescribed tablet Etizola beta (Etizolam and Propranolol) 0.25/20 mg bedtime for two weeks, if the heart rate is at least more than 65 per minute. This may cause slight sedation. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Also, try to divert your mind to other activities and do not think much about this to reduce the anxiety and nervousness. Because, the feeling of heartbeat does not mean you are suffering from disease, and one can feel it normally as well.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Thank you for your answer. So, it is normal to feel a heartbeat in your stomach, so pulsating is visible? I was afraid it is an abdominal aortic aneurysm and I read its possible for the aorta to explode and I can die. How can we check if it is AAA or normal stomach pulsating? I am drinking every week a lot of alcohol and smoking for a few years already. Are there any natural remedies I can take to lower stress/anxiety and my heart beats when I am afraid and nervous because every time I get anxious, my heart is pulsating through my stomach a lot.

#

Firstly, yes it is normal to feel and see pulsations in the upper abdomen. You may get an ultrasound of the abdomen done to remove your doubt. For your anxiety, you can have medicine which I mentioned or naturally you should do meditation, yoga which will help to relieve it. Also, gradually taper smoking, which is an important cause of mental illness.

All the best.

|