Q. I was pregnant with twins and opted for medical termination of pregnancy. Please help.

Dr. Veena Madhankumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 26, 2013 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 36 year old married female and have twins. Last month, I was again pregnant with twins and for some reasons, opted for MTP. It was done in a hospital. Of late, there has been heavy bleeding and resulting weakness. At the time of the medical procedure, I was prescribed capsule Zevit for five days and tablet Monocef for five days which I took religiously. Can you suggest some medicines?

#

The reason for heavy bleeding could be due to some retained products of conception. Get an ultrasound examination which will tell about the status of the uterine cavity.

Cause for the tiredness may be anemia due to bleeding and so, please check your hemoglobin level.

For further clarification, kindly send the latest scan report and hemoglobin values.

Revert with the recent scan report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|