Q. I was pregnant with twins and opted for medical termination of pregnancy. Please help.

Dr. Veena Madhankumar
Published on Sep 26, 2013 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 36 year old married female and have twins. Last month, I was again pregnant with twins and for some reasons, opted for MTP. It was done in a hospital. Of late, there has been heavy bleeding and resulting weakness. At the time of the medical procedure, I was prescribed capsule Zevit for five days and tablet Monocef for five days which I took religiously. Can you suggest some medicines?

Dr. Veena Madhankumar

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The reason for heavy bleeding could be due to some retained products of conception. Get an ultrasound examination which will tell about the status of the uterine cavity.

Cause for the tiredness may be anemia due to bleeding and so, please check your hemoglobin level.

For further clarification, kindly send the latest scan report and hemoglobin values.

Revert with the recent scan report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Is the fact menorrhagia leads to anemia true?

Query: Hi doctor,Person who suffers from menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during period) is at higher risk of anemia. Is this true? Is there any basis to this claim? What if you are already anemic and suffering from menorrhagia? What complications are associated with the same? What precautions should one take i...  Read Full »

How to identify the reason for palpitations?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full »

How do I confirm that I have got a viral or bacterial infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an IV treatment for fever.  I took four doses of Monocef 1 gm. My fever is gone, and I am feeling better. I still have a sore throat, and there is a lot of mucus generated. The mucus is transparent. How do I confirm that I have got a viral or bacterial infection? Since my fe...  Read Full »