Q. Are my UTI pills causing this heavy period bleeding?

Answered by Dr. Umamaheshwari Mrutyunjaya Nilange and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Heavy Bleeding or Tranexamic Acid? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have a question. Well, I had an STD. It was chlamydia, but it was cured. It was months ago. I recently had sexual relationships like two months ago, after that, I started getting a yellow discharge and I went to the doctor. They told me I had UTI. They gave me pills that I am taking and my period did not come for like one month and my period usually is not regular. And now that I am taking the pills, my period has not stopped bleeding for 13 days now, and usually, it lasts a week. But, I am worried because I do not know if it is the pills or not because it does not stop coming.