Q. How can I control heavy bleeding during periods?

Dr. Keerthiha
Published on Mar 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 25 years old married girl. This time, there is a heavy flow during my periods (nonstop bleeding) but there is no pain and no discomfort. Today is the second day of my periods. What should I do? It does not look like a normal period bleeding that I usually have.

Dr. Keerthiha

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

When was your previous period date? Did you check HPT (home pregnancy test)? If the flow is heavier, you can take tablet Trapic (Tranexamic acid) 500 mg 1-1-1 for three days. If not, reduce it by three days. Kindly consult a gynecologist in person.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

The previous period date was a month back and this month got after thirty days. The home pregnancy test was not taken.

Dr. Keerthiha

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If in only one cycle you have excess bleeding, then just take Trapic 500 mg 1-1-1 for three days. If bleeding is heavy after three days or persists more than 10 days, then you should take USG (ultrasound sonography) and visit a gynecologist in person.

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full >>

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Krimson is an Estrogen-Progesterone medicine. It requires some time to balance your hormones. Relax, do not worry about the bleeding until it is heavy like changing pads often like two hours. Instead, clitoris stimulation may have caused some mild uterine contraction, a...  Read Full

Does stress affect my menstrual bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I consulted with you the last time whether I can be pregnant as I had sex with my partner on the eighth day of my period and we used condoms as protection. You told that I would not get pregnant. Today I am on the fifth day of my period. On the first two days, the bleeding was no...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Be relaxed. Once you have your periods, it is enough evidence that there is no pregnancy. Yes, the mind controls the periods' dates, amount of bleeding and ovulation too. With so much stress, your period will show changes. I am 100% sure that there is no pregnancy....  Read Full