Q. How can I control heavy bleeding during periods?

Dr. Keerthiha
Published on Mar 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 25 years old married girl. This time, there is a heavy flow during my periods (nonstop bleeding) but there is no pain and no discomfort. Today is the second day of my periods. What should I do? It does not look like a normal period bleeding that I usually have.

Dr. Keerthiha

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

When was your previous period date? Did you check HPT (home pregnancy test)? If the flow is heavier, you can take tablet Trapic (Tranexamic acid) 500 mg 1-1-1 for three days. If not, reduce it by three days. Kindly consult a gynecologist in person.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

The previous period date was a month back and this month got after thirty days. The home pregnancy test was not taken.

Dr. Keerthiha

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If in only one cycle you have excess bleeding, then just take Trapic 500 mg 1-1-1 for three days. If bleeding is heavy after three days or persists more than 10 days, then you should take USG (ultrasound sonography) and visit a gynecologist in person.

| 

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full »

Does stress affect my menstrual bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I consulted with you the last time whether I can be pregnant as I had sex with my partner on the eighth day of my period and we used condoms as protection. You told that I would not get pregnant. Today I am on the fifth day of my period. On the first two days, the bleeding was no...  Read Full »