Q. I have been spotting for more than 15 days. What to do?

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2021

I have been spotting for more than 15 days without any pain. I had periods before 20 days, and it has not completely disappeared. I am married but had not had sex in the last two years. I had missing and irregular menstrual cycle once a year, but never like this. I had progesterone six years back and had not taken anything since then.

#

• If you are spotting for the first time, then I suggest tablet Trapic (Tranexamic acid) thrice daily until bleeding stops.
  • If it persists, then visit your nearest obstetrician and gynecologist and get an internal examination and pap smear.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I used Trapic as suggested. The drug was efficient and 80% of the bleeding reduced. I took it for seven days. Now, the frequency decreased, but bleeding still continues. Please suggest the period of the drug.

#

• Once you have taken Trapic, then it usually reduces within five days.
  • If you are still spotting, then you need an internal examination, and we can start you on Progesterone if necessary.

|