Q. I have been spotting for more than 15 days. What to do?

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

I have been spotting for more than 15 days without any pain. I had periods before 20 days, and it has not completely disappeared. I am married but had not had sex in the last two years. I had missing and irregular menstrual cycle once a year, but never like this. I had progesterone six years back and had not taken anything since then.

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• If you are spotting for the first time, then I suggest tablet Trapic (Tranexamic acid) thrice daily until bleeding stops.
  • If it persists, then visit your nearest obstetrician and gynecologist and get an internal examination and pap smear.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I used Trapic as suggested. The drug was efficient and 80% of the bleeding reduced. I took it for seven days. Now, the frequency decreased, but bleeding still continues. Please suggest the period of the drug.

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Once you have taken Trapic, then it usually reduces within five days.
  • If you are still spotting, then you need an internal examination, and we can start you on Progesterone if necessary.

| 

How can I control heavy bleeding during periods?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old married girl. This time, there is a heavy flow during my periods (nonstop bleeding) but there is no pain and no discomfort. Today is the second day of my periods. What should I do? It does not look like a normal period bleeding that I usually have.  Read Full »

Can I take hCG or progesterone injection for spotting in pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 7 weeks pregnant. I am passing clots and spotting is there for the last two weeks. USG revealed subchorionic hemorrhage, but the fetal heart rate is good. I am taking Susten 200 twice a day and Duphaston 10 once a day. My hCG is 18000 on the 7th week. Should I take hCG injection or p...  Read Full »